Friday, October 30, 2009

My Ode to National Chocolate Day


Who new that the divine drug of chocolate had its own day?! I'm a bit late but  this sort of awesome occassion still  needs to be celebrated with something equally sinful and succulent. (Granted this poem isn't about chocolate. But, it does have the word mentioned ... err ... once.)


What's for Dinner?

The smell of strawberry syrup
Drifts through the house as the cake cools
On the antique ebony table.
You are drawn by the sugary scents
(ones you haven't smelled in awhile).

Your Cool Water cologne enters first
Then I sense your heat from behind
As you fix your hands on my hips
In that familiar way
And run your overworked hands
Down the curves of my hips and thighs
That are hidden in the sheer
Wispy cloth of summertime.

I turn around, inhale in the
Exhilarating aromas
Then gently nibble your bottom lip
As I savor the taste and heat.
You pick me up by my waist
In that familiar way
(that men show their sensual strength)
And sit me on the table's edge.
My chocolate kissed legs wrap around you
And pull you in closer to me.

You slide a succulent strawberry,
Drenched with juices and cream,
From the cake as you carefully
Place it between my open lips
You pull me in near. Your lips are
so close that your breath trembles me
As you say, "What's for Dinner?"

Copyright (c) 1998 AMJ-M




Photo Credit:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/ilianov/ / CC BY-NC-SA 2.0

Read about National Chocolate Day.

2 comments:

  1. some folks I know call every day chocolate day lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. *chuckles*

    It would be a perfect world if every day was chocolate day without the consequences on the scale.

    A girl can dream though :)

    ReplyDelete