Monday, November 2, 2009

Tech Corner: Make Your Own Tutorial Videos

Some months back, I became interested in making some small tutorials to help my Second Life customers operate some of my gadgets. After playing with a few freebies and demos for pricey programs, I discovered that I liked the screen capture video software called CamStudio the best. It was unbelievably simple to use and gave me the results I wanted. The one issue is that you have to set the settings properly, or you'll get a lot of crashes that will make you want to pull your hair out. Check out this How to Create a Video Tutorial with CamStudio page for settings, tips and post-production program suggestions.

Other Uses: machinima, instruct friends or co-workers on the use of a favorite program, demonstrate how to use your digital product to customers

Photo Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rutty/ / CC BY-NC-SA 2.0

No comments:

Post a Comment